Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fall Card for The Paper Player

So excited for the 2017 Holiday Catalog to be on sale tomorrow! I used an awesome stamp set for this card, Labels to Love. It has Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Valentine sentiments and coordinates with the new punch, Everyday Label.

I tried a new to me technique-Marker splattering. You gently flick the tip of your markers on the cap and it goes onto your paper.

I also used a sketch at The Paper Players#359 here.
And a bit of new DSP, Painted Autumn DSP.

Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Labels to Love
Papers: VV, Cajun Craze, Painted Autumn DSP
Inks: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, 2 inch Circle punch, Stampin dimensionals

2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I like the way you've used Labels to Love with the circle framelits. It shows off the versatility of the set. The marker-splatter technique is subtle but very useful! I hadn't thought of doing that before. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

stampwithsandy said...

This is so pretty, Jennie. I love the colors in the patterned paper and curve of the stems, it works so perfectly with the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Paper Players!