Thursday, August 13, 2009

PPA#3-Flowered Buttons


I had fun with this week's Inspiration Challange at PPA here. We were supposed to use a Pottery Barn picture as the Inspiration. Since my favorite colors are mostly in the Bold Brights, this was right up my alley! And, as I promised, I incorporated the Playground and Sherbet buttons that are on special (this post here) into this card. Even though I used 4 stamp sets and lots of accessories on this card it came together pretty quickly. One tip, I used really,really thin scraps of paper to "thread" the buttons. Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Always, Eastern Blooms, Enjoy Every Moment, Smarty Pants
Papers: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Razzleberry Lemonade
Inks: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Markers, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pads
Accessories: Designer Buttons Playground and Sherbet, Bold Brights Brads, Bigz Scallop Circles #2 die, 1/2 inch circle punch, 1 inch circle punch, 1 1/4 inch circle punch, Glue dots, Stampin' dimensionals

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Striking card! Creative use of all of the different stamp sets. I love the buttons, and the colors really reflect the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing at PPA, and please join us again next week!

Stampin' Diva said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love the all the accessories!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the sentiment!

Pals Paper Arts said...

You are making me want those buttons!

Perfect use of the inspiration photo.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Love your card, Jennie! Love your flowers and buttons and all the pretty, bright colors! Too cute!

Margaret Moody

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous! Such a great card for the inspiration.
TFS
Kristy

Mary Fish said...

Love that "goofy" sentiment. Pretty layered flowers. Thanks for playing in the challlenge. Hugs, Mary

Patti MacLeith said...

Love the buttons and flowers. So cute. Thanks for stopping by--be sure to come back again and again!

thescrapmaster said...

WOW I love all the layering! Great job!
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator -Come Play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com