Thursday, May 2, 2024

Country Flowers & Simply Said Birthday Card

This birthday card with goodies in the new 2024-2025 Annual Catalog is for three challenges. 

First, I've used the sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches#624 here.

And then it's for the TGIF Challenge#470 here. It's a technique/theme challenge of pocket full of posies. I thought this sketch combined really well with this as I used the diagonal to create the pocket part for the flowers.

Finally, it's for As You See It#322 here. It's a Mission Impossible theme to fill in the blank: "The color I use least in my crafting is..." It's definitely Wild Wheat for me, or really, any of the 2023-2025 In Colors!

Country Flowers is the stamp set with some Country Woods DSP.

Here's my recipe:

Stamps: Country Flowers & Simply Said

Papers: White, Basic Gray, Wild Wheat, Shaded Spruce, Flirty Flamingo, Fresh Freesia

Inks: Black, Wild Wheat, Shaded Spruce, Flirty Flamingo, Fresh Freesia, Pool Party

Accessories: Country Flowers dies, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin dimensionals








Product List

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Wild Wheat is a really divisive colour - I think that while I don't like it just as a colour, I do find that it works well with many other colours, almost like some kind of weird neutral. :-) Your card is a nice mix of textures and patterns. Thanks for sharing with us again at As You See It.

Kim S said...

I'm totally with you on Wild Wheat although the couple of times that I used it, it did actually work well - as it does on your card! I love the bouquet and the bitty flowers that accent the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Heather Cooper said...

Jennie, I don't think you're alone in your feelings about Wild Wheat! I do like Copper Clay and Pebbled Path though. I love your layout and the interesting mix of colour on your card! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

Linda Callahan said...

Wild Wheat is a strange color but the more I use it the more I like it! I am surprised that I have been using it su much this spring as a neutral. Looks great on your card!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! Love those pretty flowers! Wild Wheat is an odd colour but every time I see it, it looks lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's so pretty Jennie - the wild wheat is a perfect contrast for your flowers! Thanks for picking up our challenge at As You see It