Monday, January 31, 2011

Loads of Love Valentine

This Valentine was made with the Stamping 411 sketch#188 here.
I started with a Basic Black base and added some Riding Hood Red card stock. Then I added some DSP from the Love Letter DSP. I stamped the truck from Loads of Love on some watercolor paper and colored it in with blender pens and Basic Black, Real Red and Melon Mambo Classic Ink pads. I used the 1/2 inch Circle punch to punch out some Riding Hood Red circles and added some heart buttons from the Bitty Buttons. I ran a strip of Riding Hood Red thru the Scallop Edge border punch. Loads of Love was stamped on Very Vanilla in Riding Hood Red, punched it out with the 3/4 inch Circle punch and layered it onto a piece of Riding Hood Red punched with the 1 1/4 inch Circle punch, all popped up with Stampin dimensionals. Finally, some 1/4 inch Basic Black grosgrain finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Loads of Love
Papers: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, watercolor paper, Love Letter DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Melon Mambo
Accessories: Scallop Edge border punch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and 1 1/4 inch Circle punches, Bitty Buttons, 1/4 inch Basic Black grosgrain, Stampin dimensionals

7 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

What a fun card! I love the heart button sitting atop the circles. Cute!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a cute Valentine!

Unknown said...

So cute! I always struggle with this stamp set - you've done a great job with it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Cute Card Jennie! Thanks for playing along.

Kerin said...

This is so fun! Love the combination of dsp's! I'm jealous...wish I had thought of those mini heart buttons!!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card! Love the heart buttons!

Selene Kempton said...

This is adorable! I love the way you used all the elements of the sketch! Those are great buttons!