Monday, June 7, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch#154 Loads of Love Birthday

Here's a birthday card for my dad that I did for Stamping 411 sketch #154 here.
I started with a card stock base of Old Olive, added a piece of DSP from the Old Olive Patterns DSP and a strip of Chocolate Chip which I pierced with the paper piercing tool. I stamped the truck and accessories in Chocolate Chip and colored them in with blender pens and Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Real Red stampin pads. I stamped the sentiment in Real Red and punched it out with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch and layered it onto a 1 3/8 inch circle punched from Real Red. Finally, a piece of 1 inch Chocolate Chip double-stitched grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories
Papers: Whisper white, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red, Old Olive Patterns DSP
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Real Red  classic stampin pads
Accessories: 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 inch circle punches, paper piercing tool, 1 inch Chocolate Chip double-stitched grosgrain ribbon, Stampin dimensionals, blender pens

3 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Clean, simple and a wow for me! I love the colors and the different embellishments! Awesome!

Kerin said...

Great color combo for your dad's card! Love how you placed the sentiment where the bow would go...that would be perfect for my hubby, he thinks "manly" cards don't include bows!

gbarron56 said...

Awe, Jennie -- this is so cute! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along! Blessings, Gretchen