Monday, March 21, 2011

Friends Card for Two Challenges

I'm back to stamping! I was in St. Louis with my daughter's club volleyball team for a tourney. It was fun, they did great and I'm exhausted but I had to stamp a little before making dinner.
I made this one for the PPA#85 Sketch Challenge here, and the Stampin Celebration Inspiration Challenge #44 here.
I started with a base of Pear Pizzazz card stock and added some Chocolate Chip card stock and DSP from the Greehouse Gala DSP. I ran a strip of Chocolate Chip thru the Scallop Edge Border punch and added some dots with the White gel pen. I stamped the image from Friends Never Fade in Pear Pizzazz and colored the center of the flower with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker. I stamped the For You Flower in Chocolate Chip and punched out the center with the 1 1/4 inch Circle punch. I layered that onto a piece of Chocolate Chip punched with the 1 3/8 inch Circle punch. I popped up the circles with a Stampin' dimensional. Finally, some 1/2 inch Pear Pizzazz stitched-poly ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Friends Never Fade, For You Flower
Papers: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Inks: Pear Pizzazz and Chocolate Chip Classic pads, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker
Accessories: 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch Circle punches, Scallop Edge Border punch, white gel pen, Stampin' dimensionals, 1/2 inch Pear Pizzazz stitched-poly ribbon

7 comments:

Candace Lawlor said...

This is a lovely card Jennie... glad to see you are back in action :-) Thanks for playing along with us this week at the SCIC!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this dsp - pretty card!

Hands On said...

Lovely card. Great layout and I really like your sentiment and how you turned it into a circle. Thanks for playing with SCIC.

Krystal De Leeuw said...

So pretty!! Perfect card for both challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at the SCIC!!!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Excellent job with the challenge! Love the color combo. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

Pretty card--very calming. I like the layout too. Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Cori Kozak said...

This is so pretty! Great use of that DSP. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampin' Celebration!! :)