Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Shadow Box

I found this box at the Dollar Tree and thought I'd try making a Halloween decoration.
I painted it with some black acrylic paint. I cut out 8 different papers from the Frightful Sight DSP and glued them down with the Anywhere Glue Stick. I stamped the cat from Out on a Limb in Basic Black. The pumpkin is from Got Treats and I colored that with my Old Olive and Cajun Craze Stampin' Write markers. Spooky, the witches hat and the greeting are all from Wicked Cool and I stamped those in Old Olive, Cajun Craze and Basic Black. I punched  out the greeting with the Small Oval punch and layered it onto a Cajun Craze circle punched with the 1 inch Circle punch. All the items were popped up with Stampin' dimensionals.  I painted over everything with a coat of Mod Podge glue to seal it. Finally, I attached some 1/2 inch Old Olive Scallop Dots Ribbon for a hanger.

Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Out on a Limb and Wicked Cool, Got Treats
Papers: Whisper White, Cajun Craze and Frightful Sight DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Old Olive
Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals, Anywhere Glue Stick, 1/2 inch Old Olive Scallop Dots ribbon, Dollar Tree shadow box, black acrylic paint, Mod Podge glue

No comments: