Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday Max!

It's my youngest child's 13th birthday today and I made this card for him using the Clean and Simple Stamping FTL#161 here.
It's a bright card for a bright, kind, athletic teenager. His turning 13 means we have three teens in the house now-WOW!
Back to the card description.
The base is Tempting Turquoise and I added some Real Red and DSP from the Big Top Birthday DSP. I stamped the image from Bring on the Cake in Tempting Turquoise and colored it in with my Real Red Stampin' Write marker. I layered a Real Red piece punched with the Decorative Label punch behind the image. I stamped the saying from  Crazy for Cupcakes in Real Red and the little asterisk from Pennant Parade in Tempting Turquoise. I used the 1 1/4 inch Circle punch and then the 1 3/8 inch Circle punch, cutting them in half. Finally, some 1/4 inch Real Red grosgrain finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Bring on the Cake, Pennant Parade, Crazy for Cupcakes
Papers: Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Big Top Birthday
Inks: Real Red and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch Circle punches, Decorative Label punch, 1/4 inch Real Red grosgrain

No comments: