Friday, November 5, 2010

SUO Challenge #5 Punch Art Thanks

I made a card for the SUO Challenge#5, Punch Art, here.
I started with a base of Daffodil Delight and added some Greenhouse Gala DSP. That was layered on to some Chocolate Chip card stock. I ran one edge of the Chocolate Chip thru the Scallop Edge border punch and added dots with the White gel pen. I colored the flower stamp from Friends Never Fade with my Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Pear Pizzazz Stampin write markers and stamped that on Whisper White. I ran a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock thru the Big Shot with the Square Lattice textured impressions folder. I then used the Ornament punch to punch out the "vase". I stamped thank you from Short & Sweet in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White and punched that out with the Word Window punch. I layered that onto a Daffodil Delight piece punched with the Modern Label punch and adhered that piece over the Chocolate Chip ornament piece, making it look like a vase. A piece of 1/8 inch Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Short & Sweet, Friends Never Fade
Papers: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic Pad and Stampin write marker, Real Red and Pear Pizzazz Stampin write markers
Accessories: Ornament punch, Word Window and Modern Label punches, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1/8 inch Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, white gel pen

3 comments:

Norma said...

I love the colors together!!Beautiful card:)

Jen Timko said...

I love the texture on the vase and this flower is a great choice! I love the use of the big pattern paper from the DSP!

Jenn D said...

I love the ornament vase. Very clever. Thanks for playing along at SUO challenge!