Thursday, November 18, 2010

Very Merry Card for Three Challenges

Here's another Candy Cane Christmas DSP card but I used the Short & Sweet stamp set. It also qualifies for three challenges. First, PPA#69 here. Second, the Stamping 411 Color Inspiration #144 here. And third, the Splitcoast Demo Challenge #176, CAS Holiday Cards, here.
Real Red textured card stock is the card base. Then I used the 1 3/8 inch Square punch to punch the four squares from the Candy Cane Christmas DSP. I ran a piece of Baha Breeze card stock thru the Scallop Edge border punch and added dots with the White gel pen. I stamped Very Merry from Short and Sweet in Real Red on Whisper White and punched that out with the 1 3/8 in by 5/8 in Oval punch. I stamped the snowflake from that set in Blushing Bride and punched it out with the 1/2 inch Circle punch. I popped those two pieces up with Stampin dimensionals. Finally, a piece of 1/2 inch Blushing Bride stitched-poly finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Papers: Whisper White, Baha Breeze, Real Red textured card stock, Candy Cane Christmas DSP
Inks: Real Red and Blushing Bride
Accessories: Scallop edge border punch, 1 3/8 inch Square punch, 1/2 inch Circle punch, 1 3/8 in by 5/8 in Oval punch, White gel pen, Stampin dimensionals, 1/2 inch Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the patchwork of DSP - very cute!

LeAnne said...

Well, this is a fun way to use up these pretty little bits of this DP--might have to try that myself!

TrishG said...

Very cute colors and layout. I like the tiny snowflake and sentiment!

Stampin' Diva said...

Very cute card!!! What a way to tackle three challenges. Love the DSP you used!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!