Thursday, May 12, 2011

A CAS Card for Two Challenges

I made this really quick card for two challenges. First, using the Clean and Simple FTL#139 here, and second, using the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge#150 here. The colors to use are Poppy Parade, Sahara Sand and Not Quite Navy.
The base is Sahara Sand card stock. I used a bit of Poppy Parade DSP from the DSP Pack-In Color. I matted that and the Whisper White with Not Quite Navy. I colored the stamp from Afterthoughts with my Poppy Parade and Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Markers. Finally, some 1/2 inch Poppy Parade stitched-poly ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Afterthoughts
Papers: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand and DSP Pack In-Color
Inks: Poppy Parade and Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories: 1/2 inch Poppy Parade stitched-poly ribbon

6 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Love the simplicity of this card and the combo of the red with a little bit of the blue peeking from behind.

Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

Debbie Henderson said...

I like how you snuck in just a tad of blue to highlight the remainder of the colors!

Deb said...

Very nicely done! I love the look of this! And it is perfect for any man! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Crisp and Clean and just perfect! Thanks so much for playing at CCMC this week.

Mary Brown said...

How totally sweet and simple! I love this style of card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Clean, simple, masculine. Nicely done. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!