Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thinking of You Card

I made this card using the Stamping 411 sketch#202 here and the Splitcoast Color Challenge#322 here, using the colors Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery and So Saffron.
My base is Blushing Bride card stock and I added some paper from the DSP Pack In-Color. I ran a strip of Certainly Celery thru the Scallop Edge Border punch and added some dots with my White Gel pen.  I stamped the flowers and leaves from Flower Fest in Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery and So Saffron on the same color card stock and cut them out. I punched out the So Saffron one with the 5-Petal XL Flower punch. I added a Certainly Celery brad to the center of the So Saffron flower. I popped up the Blushing Bride one with a Stampin' dimensional. I stamped thinking of you from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Blushing Bride, punched it out with the Word Window punch and added a Blushing Bride piece punched with the Modern Label punch. Finally, some 1/2 inch Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon finishes it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Flower Fest and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Papers: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, DSP Pack In-Color
Inks: Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Accessories: 5-Petal XL Flower Punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, Certainly Celery Brad, White Gel Pen, Stampin' dimensionals, 1/2 inch Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon

6 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So simple and pretty Jennie. I just love it.

Kerin said...

The dsp is such a perfect match to those flowers!! Love the colors too :)

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...love that set! Looks great in the soft colors!

Patti Chesky said...

What a gorgeous card! The colors are subtle yet striking!

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful job, Jennie -- love the soft colors! Thanks for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning Jennie! I'm loving how soft and beautiful this is.