Friday, May 20, 2011

PPA#94 Bright Birthday

I made this birthday card for the PPA#94 Sketch Challenge here. The base is Crumb Cake card stock and I added some Melon Mambo. I ran a piece of Crumb Cake thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions embossing folder. I ran the Tempting Turquoise pieces thru the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. I punched out three Turquoise pieces with the 1 3/4 inch XL Scallop Circle punch. I stamped the image from Circle Circus twice, once in Melon Mambo and once in Pumpkin Pie, trimming them down. I punched holes in all the scallop circle pieces with the Paper-Piercing Tool. I inked the frosting from Create a Cupcake in Crumb Cake and the bottom in Pale Plum and punched them out with the XL Build a Cupcake Punch. I also used the punch on some Red Glitter paper and Old Olive card stock for the cherry. Behind the cherry I punched a Whisper White piece with the 1 1/4 inch Circle punch and a Real Red piece with the 1 3/8 inch Circle punch. Finally, I stamped Happy Birthday in Melon Mambo.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake and Circle Circus
Papers: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Old Olive, Red Glitter paper, Tempting Turquoise
Inks: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Pale Plum
Accessories: Dotted Ribbon Scallop Border punch, Paper-piercing tool, Stampin' dimensionals, 1 3/4 inch XL Scallop Circle punch, Build a Cupcake punch, 1 1/4 inch and 1 3/8 inch Circle punches, Perfect Polka Dot textured impressions folder

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bright colors against the Crumb Cake - and I love the cupcake~!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

So cute - great birthday card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.