Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Christmas Card for Two Challenges

Here's a Christmas card for two challenges.
First, the Color Combo #293 at Splitcoast here,
and second, Challenge #4 at SUO Challenges here.
The colors to use are Cherry Cobbler, Concord Crush and Old Olive. And the SUO Challenge was to use Fabric, and in my case, I used ribbons.
So I started with a base of Crumb Cake and layered on some Old Olive card stock. I ran a piece of Cherry Cobbler thru the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry textured impressions embossing folder. I sponged some Very Vanilla Craft ink on the snowflakes to make them pop. I also added some Old Olive DSP from the Patterns DSP Brights stack. I stamped the ornament from Delightful Decorations in Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Concord Crush, punching out the center of the Concord Crush one with the 1 inch circle punch. All three ornaments were punched out with the XL Ornament punch. I popped up the Olive one with some Stampin dimensionals. I used 1/4 inch Old Olive grosgrain and 1/2 inch Cherry Cobbler seam binding, folded in half, to "hang" the ornaments. Finally, some more 1/2 inch Cherry Cobbler seam binding was ruffled and adhered over the papers to finish it off.
Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Papers: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake,Old Olive, Patterns DSP Brights Stack
Inks: Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Cherry Cobbler, Concord Crush, Old Olive
Accessories: Northern Flurry textured impressions embossing folder, 1/2 inch Cherry Cobbler seam binding, 1/4 inch Old Olive grosgrain, 1 inch circle punch, XL Ornament punch, Stampin dimensionals

1 comment:

Jenn D said...

Your ornaments are just delightful and that red ribbon is so luxurious looking. Thanks for playing with us at SUO Challenges!