Monday, August 1, 2022

Another Good Year Card for Three Challenges

 Here's a card I've made for my teacher daughter to give her before school starts. Luckily, they don't start til September 1st so she's got some summer time left!!

 First, I've used the sketch at Sunday Stamps#288 here.

Second, it's for TGIF Challenge#379 here. It's a back to school challenge and I was inspired by the notebook page, the black for a chalkboard and the primary colors!

Finally, it's for Make the Cards Challenge#60 here. It's a technique challenge to use a black cardstock background. I thought these two challenges fit together perfectly because the black background reminds me of a chalk board!!

Amazing Phrasing is the stamp set with some Gingham Cottage DSP.

Here's my recipe:

Stamps: Amazing Phrasing

Papers: White, Black, Sweet Sorbet, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Gingham Cottage DSP

Inks: White Craft

Accessories: Basics Embossing Powders, Blossoming Happiness dies, Sentiment Silhouette dies, Classic Matte Dots, 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine, Stampin dimensionals









Product List

8 comments:

Heather said...

Very fun, Jennie, what a great BTS card! Those splashes of bold color are just right, and what a terrific sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Great back to school card, I saw the black background as a chalkboard before I even read your post! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Ooops, I meant to say thank you for playing along at Make the Cards! 😂

dj said...

What a fun Back To School card!! It is sure to put a smile on someone's face!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jennie, this is a perfect Back to School card! I love the Chalkboard look and the sun little stars! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Super cute card for your daughter, Jennie! I do hope she has a great year, our teachers are so important. The chalkboard look with the black cardstock works perfectly and I love the check background and the stars. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

How awesome to make a chalkboard and notebook card for your daughter! I love your black & white background, school elements, and pop of color. Thanks for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

Anna said...

What a fun card. I love how you made the black cardstock into a chalkboard. Super cute! Thank you so much for sharing your work us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
Anna, Make the Cards Design Team