Saturday, August 21, 2010

PPA#56 Divine Textures

This is my submission for the redesigned look over at PPA here.
I was immediately drawn to the black fabric with pink and green flowers so I used that for my inspiration.
I started with running the Basic Black card stock thru the Big Shot with the Square Lattice textured impressions embossing folder. I also used the Vintage Wallpaper folder on the Melon Mambo piece and cut it out with my Coluzzle circle cutter. I stamped the large flower from Vintage Vogue in Basic Black on Very Vanilla and cut it out. I added a green Circle Ice Rhinestone brad to the center and popped it up with Stampin dimensionals.I stamped the smaller flower from that set in Melon Mambo, cut it out and added a silver brad to the center. Pear Pizzaz was used to stamp the flower from Printed Petals and then I punched in out with the XL 1 3/4 inch Scallop circle punch. A piece of Love Letter DSP was punched out with the XL 1 3/4 inch Circle punch. The sentiment from Vintage Vogue was stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla. Finally, some 1/4 inch Basic Black grosgrain ribbon was threaded thru a silver Flower ribbon slide from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit. Here's my recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Printed Petals
Papers: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Love Letter DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: XL 1 3/4 inch Circle punch, XL 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle punch, Circle Ice Rhinestone brad, silver brad, silver Flower ribbon slide, Stampin dimensionals, 1/4 inch Basic Black grosgrain, Coluzzle, Vintage Wallpaper  and Square Lattice textured impressions embossing folder

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You captured the textures and patterns beautifully! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Lisa Salkeld said...

great use of the embossing folders!